- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Arizona
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, San Jose State University
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering & Computer Science,
University of California, Berkeley
- Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics
- Fellow of the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE)
- Raytheon Fellow
Office: Room 225 Engineering Building
Phone: (520) 621-6561
In March 2002 this photograph of Bahill was placed in
the National Baseball Hall of Fame's exhibit
Baseball As America.
Bahill was the Systems Engineer on a team
that won the Gold 2001 Sandia President's Quality Award.
In 2004 Bahill was elected to the Salpointe Catholic High School
Alumni Hall of Fame.
Decision Analysis and Resolution including Tradeoff Studies.
Funded by AFOSR/MURI F49620-03-1-0377 and BAE Systems.
Areas of Interest:
- Modeling Physiological Systems: experiments and modeling analysis of the human arm, head and eye movement systems, with applications to clinical medicine and the science of baseball.
- Knowledge Engineering: computer techniques for verifying and validating decision support systems.
- Systems Engineering: system design,
systems theory, requirements development,
functional and object-oriented modeling, sensitivity analyses,
tradeoff studies, etc.
- Associate Editor, Systems Engineering The Journal of INCOSE.
- Bioengineering: Biomedical, Medical and Clinical Engineering,
Prentice Hall, 1981.
- Keep Your Eye on the Ball: The Science and Folklore of Baseball,
(with Bob Watts), W.H. Freeman and Co., 1990.
- Verifying and Validating Personal Computer-Based Expert Systems,
Prentice-Hall Inc., 1991.
Linear Systems Theory,
(with Ferenc Szidarovszky),
CRC Press Inc., Boca Raton, 1992, Second Edition, 1998.
Engineering Modeling and Design,
(with Bill Chapman and Wayne Wymore),
CRC Press, 1992.
Metrics and Case Studies for Evaluating Engineering Designs,
(with J.A. Moody, W.L. Chapman and D.F. Van Voorhees), Prentice Hall, 1997.
Keep Your Eye on the Ball:
Curve Balls, Knuckleballs and Fallacies of Baseball,
(with R.G. Watts), W.H. Freeman, 2000,
Bahill has over 250 publications.
Here is a list of his major
During summers and on sabbaticals
Bahill has spent 40 months working with
BAE Systems in San Diego,
Hughes Missile Systems in Tucson, Sandia Laboratories in Albuquerque,
Lockheed Martin Tactical Defense Systems in Eagan MN,
Boeing Information, Space and Defense Systems in Kent WA,
Lockheed Martin Idaho Technologies Company in Idaho Falls, and
Raytheon Missile Systems in Tucson.
For these companies he presented seminars on Systems Engineering,
worked on integrated product development teams and
helped them describe their Systems Engineering Processes.
Systems and Industrial Engineering
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721-0020